Friday 21 October 2011

Diary Entry

This week I have been practicing using the camera and looking into the places that I can shoot my scene. We got in groups and shot a wide variety shots, these were then edited to create certain styles of shots.
Split screens were basically two shots that were split in half and made into the whole screen, this can be used to show two different pieces of performance at the same time or show maybe the same person but in a different place.
Another camera technique we used was slow motion, slow motion was visually exciting as the slow motion helps emphasise on the small things and make them attractive. In our piece we threw water at someone which looked entertaining in slow mo.
We reversed the clip and it also looked good as its not every day you see water coming from the floor to someones face and back into the cup.
The next clip took a while to film as we did a split screen but kept the camera in the same position. I had to make sure that I didnt enter the other region or it would not work as in editing I had to crop out the other half, this gave the illusion that there was 2 of me in the same area.

No comments:

Post a Comment