Sunday 8 April 2012

Evaluation 3

What have you learnt from your audience feedback?
For my audience feedback I already had in mind to ask mainly boys from the age of 14-24 as this was my target audience. I still wanted to appeal to girl dubstep fans so I got their opinion on my final product aswell. This was an extremely important part of the development process as my audience’s opinion can help me understand the positives and negatives of my video. All of the characters in my video were 18 years of age and were all male; I chose this as I wanted to appeal to ‘YAKS’ which is short for ‘Young Adventurous Keen and Singe’. This would be targeting audience C2 which are young aspiring people from the ages of 17-24. My target audience wanted to be entertained visually meaning that I had to keep changing my scenery and speeding up and slowing down the footage.
I used social networking sites such as Blogger/Face book and twitter to showcase my video and see who liked it. The like option on facebook shows if people like the video and this showed me out of the number of people that saw the video who liked it. Also it gave the option to comment aswell which helped and I received a lot of positive feedback on the video. Twitter has the option to retweet and by counting the number of retweets can you tell how popular the video is and what people retweet it. This gave me a summary of what type of people like my product and the comments that come along with it can help me change it to make it better.
I set up a poll on my blog which I got people who were in my audience category to answer, I asked questions such as “What style of music video do you prefer” and gave them options to answer with. These questions helped a lot as they gave my audience various options for an answer. I gathered all of this information and applied it to my video. One of the main things that I took note of was the style of my video. The main poll answer was “energetic and fun.” This meant that people who like dubstep prefer energetic and fun videos to depressed and slow videos, this then made me plan out a club style of scene as it fits right into that description.
The feedback was extremely helpful but what some people didn’t comment on was the start of my video. I wanted this to be a bit different and it gives an insight to the narrative as it is the establishing shot. Due to the lack of commentary on it I changed the start to a more shot reverse shot style of conversation so that it is more visually entertaining and hopefully people would appreciate it more and further help them understand the characters situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment