Sunday 8 April 2012

Evaluation 2

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary tasks?
Each product in my digipack has its individual purpose. The music video showcases the lyrics and represents the genre through various different shots and editing techniques. I used certain shots such as POV shots and close ups to make my audience feel as if they were there, this also accompanied my objective of giving my character a similar status to my audience. Like other dubstep music videos my character is very natural and is does not act of a high status. This is important because I wanted my audience to relate to the characters instead of look up to them and idolise them. The album cover is important in showcasing my narrative and theme. My album cover had to be done in a way that supported my music videos narrative and represented one or all of the scenes. It has specific elements such as the list of songs at the back of the digipack and the attractive front cover which should grab the audience’s attention. My album cover highlights the information on the release and promotes the artist. Its aim is to attract the audience’s attention to the product and simultaneously giving them important information on where and when to purchase the product. The release date, picture of the artist and website are just a few key elements which helped promote my artist and all had to work together to grab there attention. My main theme for all of my texts was urban and youthful. I used text, images, backgrounds and mis en scene of the artist himself to create a brand identity that my audience can relate to. The text in all of my pieces were in a custom font and was in the style of a digital clock. This ‘time’ font is used in my music video and all of my ancillary tasks, I felt this was very important as I wanted to create fluidity and helped my audience easily identify my product. To support my theme of urban and youth culture I filmed a lot of the scenes outside instead of just in the club, this gave my video a street kind of feel to it and helped support the urban theme. Excited faces and laughing also gave my audience that sense of youthfulness especially when the club scene comes into play. But all of these ideas were from my point of view so I had to get some feedback from my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment